Director of External Relations
Share this role
- Royal Agricultural University
- £70,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
- Closing date:
- 28th June
- Job Ref:
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) celebrated its 175th Anniversary in 2020 and, upon the appointment of our new Chief Operating Officer (COO), we are looking to the future and building a professional services senior team that can help lead the institution with innovative and progressive design.
The Director of External Relations is a professional senior leadership role, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Group. You will support the RAU in achieving its strategic ambitions, leading outward facing initiatives that knit together a broad portfolio of activities. Leading the external relations team, you will help ensure that the RAU is able to engage with, and maximise, external opportunities that support the institutional strategy. The development and implementation of a marketing and communications plan that will help deliver agreed student recruitment targets and further develop its brand identity across a range of key stakeholders including industry and alumni, will be a key priority.
You will be able to translate internal assets into external gains, fostering strategic partnerships and expanding relationships with business, industry and government, interfacing with policy makers, key external influencers and a diversity of stakeholders. You will bring significant strategic student recruitment experience gained within a higher education environment in addition to experience across development & fundraising, marketing, communications, external affairs and/or brand management.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 28th June 2021
For further information about this exciting opportunity, get in touch with Enfys Evans of GatenbySanderson – firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7426 3996. To apply for this role, please follow the link at the bottom of this page.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com